Environment and sustainability at Hotel Knudsens Gaard
Hotel Knudsens Gaard have focus on sustainability based on UN’s Global Compacts, which is 10 principles regarding human rights, employee rights, environment and fighting corruption.
As part of the Best Western Hotel Group, we are always focused on development and new environmental projects, to secure the proper knowledge of work environment, ethics and availability at the hotel.
The International ECO Label of Tourism
Hotel Knudsens Gaard are certified by Green Key.
With this certificate, you are, as a guest, guaranteed an eco-labelled hotel. We make an effort to save water and energy, to take care of the environment, and continually take new actions in improving the environment daily.
The criteria to become certified by GREEN KEY are fulfillment of mandatory and optional requirements, within 12 areas:
- Staff Involvement
- Guest Information
- Washing and Cleaning
- Smoking and Indoor Climate
- Outdoor Areas
- Green Activities
What do we do?
At Hotel Knudsens Gaard our focus are:
- Staff involvement in responsibilities, initiatives, and environment in relation to Green Key
- Creating environment oriented information for our guests
- Sorting garbage and returning packaging to our suppliers
- Information for our guests regarding the nature in our neighborhood
- Our kitchen uses local goods whenever possible, and herbs from our own garden
- Using an eco-friendly laundry and data suppliers
- to use cleaning agents that have the Nordic Swan label or Eq.
- Complying with national and international laws for environment, health, security and labor
- Our internet is delivered by GlobalConnect, Denmark’s first data center supplier. GlobalConnect has achieved “Energy Efficiency Certificate” with A-rating in energy efficiency.
As a Guest – Your Contribution
As a guest you have the option contributing to sustainability. You can:
- Leave your car and borrow a bike during your stay
- Turn off the light and electronic devices when you leave your room
- Reuse towels and keep the bed linen an extra day
- Save water
- Take shorter baths
- Drink tap water instead of bottle water (our tap water is very clean and just as good as mineral water)
- Minimize food waste – don’t take more than you need from the breakfast buffet
- Help us by sorting your waste (waste containers for the purpose)
- Please contact the staff if you have any questions or suggestions for improvement